Is President Obama seriously thinking of escalating the war in Afghanistan to back a puppet with no strings?
Obama got his wish, he got his election run-off, then the opposition wisely ran-off. Is this the democracy at work Obama hoped for?
So now there is in the occupied country:
- a military force that most Afghans hate;
- a force that is there to back a government most Afghans don’t recognize;
- a force that is there to stabilize a country that grows 90% of the poppies for the world’s heroin trade, its #1 crop;
- a force that is there to combat an unknown enemy that has done nothing to the United States;
- a force that through its killings is creating terrorists of people where none formally existed.
Say it ain’t so. This isn’t change we can believe in.